Tyler's Heart

Pictures - Pictures from Houston.
LVAD Video - A YouTube video about living with an LVAD.
HeartMate II Video Clip - Short video clip about the pump Tyler has.

Another good blog to read is from our friend Bill. Cozumel Part 1 - This Might Be Habit Forming.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another Procedure

Tyler had to go through another procedure and 3 nights in the hospital last week.   He had been in pain since the appendix surgery and they found an internal abscess/hematoma behind his bladder.
Below is Tyler's posting:
Surgery Again

Yes, another surgery, I don't know how much more my body can take.

Since my appendectomy, I have had severe abdominal pain.  Initially, I thought it was just recovery from the surgery and then I thought it might be a urinary tract infection.  I consulted my surgical office numerous times but no one seemed to take it seriously.  

Finally, through the persistance of my cardiologist, I had a CTScan and they found an abssess and it had to be immediately removed.

I was only in the hospital for 4 days but enough already.

As far as the cancer surgery goes, we have decided to wait for a while and get a second opinion.  Removal of the colon, although some what common is a major surgery.  And with the LVAD it is even more precarious.

After what we went through with the appendectomy and the complications of the appendectomy we think it is wise to get a second opinion and to make the right decision.

I also think my body needs to recovery fully before yet another surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment